In general, the used car industry has been experiencing a period of growth and change over the past several years. Some of the key trends that have taken place recently in the industry include shortage of inventory, rising prices, and growth of electric vehicles. Even with these obstacles, used vehicle sales have continued to thrive.
According to Cross-Sell sales data for the 26 states covered in 2022, used vehicle sales increased 8.22% year-over-year (Jan 2022 vs Jan 2023).
A few of the top-selling models influencing this growth are the Ford F-150 (+1.15%), Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (+0.36%), Honda Civic (+9.09%), Toyota Camry (+12.24%) and Honda Accord (+4.16%).
Additionally, the rise in used vehicle sales wouldn't be possible without the continued drive of car dealerships across the country. We're highlighting some of these used-car-selling retailers across the U.S. with the Top 100 Used Car Dealerships of 2022 reports for franchised dealers and independents.
Here's a look at the top five dealerships from each report:
Top Franchise Dealers
1. Ricart Automotive Group - Columbus ,OH
2. Al Serra - Grand Blanc, MI
3. McCluskey Chevrolet Kings Auto Mall - Cincinnati, OH
4. Dan Cummins Chevrolet Buick - Paris, KY
5. Toyota of Cedar Park - Cedar Park, TX
Top Independent Dealers
1. CarMax Auto Superstores - Naperville, IL
2. Carvana Dallas - Blue Mound, TX
3. CarMax Houston - Houston, TX
4. Carvana Houston - Houston, TX
5. CarMax Spokane - Spokane, WA
The dealer rankings data in these reports are collected via state authorities, such as DMVs, and are based on used-vehicle retail sales from the full-year 2022. Fleet sales were removed where possible. Download your copy of these free reports today!